Monday, April 10, 2006

Piedmont Park


Michelle and I spent a week in Atlanta, Georgia. She was attending Juanita Bynum's conference and I went along just for fun. When in a new town, I've found a good way to get a feel for it is to go for a run. In Atlanta I recommend a jog through Piedmont Park. The dogwood lined lakes makes for a great introduction to the nature in the area. Don't miss the old train track below the Park Drive bridge (see photo).

We stayed at a great bed and breakfast called the GasLight Inn. It is located about a mile from the park which gives you a chance to run through some nice Georgia neighborhoods as well. The inn is located in the trendy Virginia Highlands area which also offers great shopping, restaurants, and nightlife.

Our first day we had a nice lunch in the park, then did the tourist thing by visiting Atlanta Underground. We wound up at Neighbor's bar for Karaoke. Michelle did "Crazy" and I did "Brain Stew".

No comments: