Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Chattahoochee River

Friday I took a hike along the Chattahoochee River. I would say the river is a bit bigger than the Colorado River at Moab. It was good to see flyfishermen and rafters enjoying the river. I found a nice spot along the riverbank to just relax and reflect.

As I continued my hike, I decided to stick with the riverbank instead of following the norman trail. This lead to a very interesting section with some nice cliffs to scramble. If you are in the mood to use your hands along with your feet, I would recommend this section.

I finished up the hike by kicking back on a tree growing at a slant. Viewing the full moon thru the tree branches was eerily beautiful.

I also spent some time Friday at the Atlanta Natural History Museum. While it is a nice museum, it doesn't compare to Denver's.

No comments: