Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Salt Lake City



"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing." -- Porter Rockwell

I took SouthWest Airlines $49 deal to Salt Lake City to visit my brother and his family. Friday night we had a great dinner in a little hole in the wall named after Porter Rockwell.

Saturday we took a hike around the Timpanogos Cave National Monument. The caves were closed for the winter, but we had fun exploring the beautiful valley. We also went to the local rec center and hit the climbing wall. Beka is a natural on the rock. Kari, Dusty, and I also climbed.

I also stepped foot inside my first Cabela's store. It is quite impressive with the outdoor scenes and live aquariums. The Pro Bass Store in Denver holds its own against this store though. Can't wait for our Cabela's to open, or better yet to visit the flagship Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska.

No comments: